*** C L O S E D ***
Guidelines for the Workshop Call
To provide a meeting point for researchers to discuss and exchange new ideas and hot topics related to parallel and distributed computing, Euro-Par 2019 will co-locate workshops with the main conference and invites proposals for the workshop programme.
The workshops will be held on August 26-27, 2019, the two days before the main conference.
The proposals should include the following information
- Workshop title and acronym, preference for length (half or full-day)
- Information on the organizers,including a short biography of each organizer (5-10 lines)
- Tentative programme committee (10-20 members)
- Motivation of the workshop
Interest to the Euro-Par community
Positioning with respect to the currently existing Euro-Par workshops
- Description of the workshop
Format (contributed papers, invited talks, panels, posters, etc.)
- Workshop background (previous editions)
- Link to international projects/initiatives
The decision about the acceptance/rejection of a workshop proposal will be made on the basis of the overall quality of the proposal and the degree to which it matches the scope of the conference. In case that several workshop proposals have very similar objectives and scopes, a merge of overlapping workshops may be recommended. The topics covered by a workshop should not overlap with the main topics of the conference. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
Proposals can already be sent and the organizers may be notified before the notification deadline in case of a strong proposal.
Workshop proposals should be sent in PDF format via email to: europar-orga@ gwdg.de
Deadline: February 15, 2019 (extended)
Workshop Notifications: February 22, 2019
Further information for accepted Workshop Proposals
Important Dates for Workshop Organiszers
- Workshop Website online and launches of Call for Workshop Papers: March 22, 2019
- Workshop Dates: August 26-27, 2019
- Workshop Management Report due: September 13, 2019